Thank you for your interest in The Volunteer Traveler’s Handbook. I would love to help you with an interview, news story, or book review. I have included a book summary, images, biographical information and book specifics to make your job as easy as possible. If you need something else, please don’t hesitate to send me an e-mail.
- Official landing page for the book
- Cover image
- PDF with book description, specifics, and author bio
- Sample Chapter and Reviews
- Author Photo
- About the book series (the volunteer book is one in a series of independent travel guides)
Find the book at all major online retailers in paperback and e-book forms and in local online buying sites in Canada and the United Kingdom.
I am available for quotes/ tips/ help with stories on the following topics:
- Independent volunteering: how-to, vetting organizations, and preparing for independent travel
- Voluntourism: the industry’s rapid expansion, drawbacks and ethics of volunteering, how to find the right volunteer experience.
- Long-term travel: budgeting for round the world trips, solo travel, working remotely
- Student travel: homeschooling and volunteering, study abroad, voluntours for teens.
Email is the most direct way to contact me: ShannonRODonnell <at> gmail.com
Or connect via social media: