A big Happy Mother’s Day to all of the mothers out there who happen to find this message, and my own as well!
A happy Sunday to the rest!
News from the Site
I am currently diving in Honduras and head back stateside for a wedding at the end of the month. Apologies this past week, the site had a pretty bad virus on it for several days and although the structure is not totally back to normal, it’s completely safe to surf once again!
Also, a big huge thanks to the kind feedback, thoughts and comments on the travel fatigue post. I appreciate all of the tips and fully took into account many of your recommendations – I made sure to eat better, slow down, and got out of Guatemala (thanks Audrey and Dan!). Though I didn’t respond to individual comments, I read every single one and appreciate the time you took :-)
- For the rest of this month I would love to feature guest posts from several travel bloggers in the travel community. Look out for those, and if you’re interested in being featured shoot me an email with your post idea!
- The Pacaya Volcano piece is particularly fun from this past month’s posts – a “must-do” in Antigua, Guatemala or skippable…you decide.
- Support three RTW travelers and consider ordering The Lost Girls’ travel memoir – should be a fun read about their RTW adventure!
- I did a guest spot in an 8th grade class last week and extend a hearty thanks to the teacher and the students for allowing me to talk about travel and share why I love it so.
Travel Community Highlights
A few other picks from the rest of the travel community!
- GotPassport shared a huge list of inspirational quotes as well as quotes form travel bloggers – a fun list to peruse through if you’re looking for a little pick-me-up.
- I love Cody’s list of travel tips for first time Thailand travelers – it’s incredibly comprehensive and I plan on trying out many of his recommendations when I make it back there!
- Wandering Earl looks at a few of the challenges of being a perpetual nomad – I felt a lot of travel fatigue recently and he pretty much sums up why that happened/happens :-)
Thanks all for your support and have a lovely weekend!