It’s been quite a while since I’ve done a Saturday Review post – and that’s pretty slacker-ish of me because there is a lot going on – and by a lot, I mean I am heading back out on the road and back to traveling the world.
So, without further ado.
I head out at the end of this month from Florida and have three weeks in three US cities (NYC, Sacramento, and Los Angeles). But, I digress. That’s not the exciting news! After LA I head briefly to Cancun for a quick flight to a forbidden island…at least it’s forbidden to me. Remember that pondering I had a while back? Well, thanks to the gentle persuasion of Lauren’s latest travel series I’m going and I’m meeting a South African friend (remember Louise from my volunteering experience in Nepal?!).
After the forbidden location (seriously check out my post if you’re wondering…I feel like I’ll jinx my luck if I talk about it much before I go…is that crazy? Am I good to talk/blog or should I wait?) , I head for several months through Central America, a quick stop into Peru to meet a group of friends at Machu Picchu and back to the states for a wedding and TBEX!
Ok. That’s my exciting news :-)
- I also feel I should tell you all that I have a lot more video planned for the site on these next travels and some more stories from last year’s RTW until I’m back on the road.
- Up next week starts a three week guest series from a round the world traveler who hasn’t take a flight yet, and he’s been on the road for more than a year. He’ll share some flightless travel tips.
Travel Community Highlights
- Got Passport has really stepped up this week in response to the disaster in Haiti – head over to Haiti updates page and leave a meaningful comment and they’ll donate $2 to relief efforts in Haiti.
- Meet Wandering Earl if you haven’t yet. He’s a one of my favorite newly discovered travel blogger. He augments his travel stories with context about how that story and circumstance taught a lesson or reconfirmed a belief – fun to read if you haven’t popped over there yet!
- Travel bloggers need to check out How to Use the Jedi Force for Search Engine Optimization.. A hint: check the byline if you’re wondering how I paid for my RTW trip.
Many thanks to the new travel bloggers out there who I’ve recently met in the community! Check out my Other RTW Travel Blogs page and let me know if you’re not on there so we can exchange!
Also, since Cuba (oops, I said it…) is next on the list, I would love any targeted tips and suggestions :-)